01. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
02. A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
03. A shrimp's heart is in their head.
04. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
05. In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so - apart from Bones).
06. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
07. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit. (cute!)
08. Between 1937 and 1945 Heinz produced a version of Alphabet Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted solely of little pasta swastikas.
09. On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime. (wow!)
10. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
11. Rats and horses can't vomit.
12. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language. (indeed!)
13. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. (scary!)
14. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.
15. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
16. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times. (!!!)
17. If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrial or their vehicles?
18. In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
19. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
20. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
21. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
22. 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.
23. In the course of an average lifetime, you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
24. Most lipstick contains fish scales. (yuck!)
25. Cat's urine glows under a black-light. (true!)
26. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
27. Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow....Stop trying this, it won't happen! (i'm one of the people! hehe)
happy weekends everyone!
Maybe i kud use these kewl facts for the essay topics (except no.9) to be written by my students! u know most of the previous essay topics were like "the unforgettable moment in my life," "the most memorable moment in my life," "my bestfriends," and the most lame of all would be.... "myself" guhhh!!!! b-o-r-i-n-g!